Mansfield High School Online Newspaper

The Uproar

Mansfield High School Online Newspaper

The Uproar

Mansfield High School Online Newspaper

The Uproar

Baseball and Softball Tryouts Start for the 2024 Season

Savannah
Varsity baseball team for the 2022-2023 school year

As the spring season approaches, tryouts for softball and baseball will be held starting on Friday. 

“Our goals for the season are to win a district championship and make a deep playoff run,” head baseball coach Randy Davis said. “As long as we work hard, compete, and play together one pitch at a time we should have a great year.”

Softball tryouts will be held on Friday, with baseball tryouts the following school day. The tryouts will be covered over three sessions, with tests for various skills and a scrimmage 

“We are looking for athletes that are coachable, have good attitudes and have the baseball skill to compete against high-level Texas 6A baseball teams,” Davis said. “I want our team to have great teammates, work hard, love to compete, and are dedicated to getting better every day”

Last year, the baseball and softball teams were second and fourth in the district. 

“I focus on my mental state,” junior Madyson Austin said. “Like being prepared and preparing what do.”

The first softball game is on January 27, while the first baseball game will be in February. Both teams will have games for most of the spring semester, ending in April.

“It’s difficult and a challenge,” senior David Hogg said. “I just go into every practice and workout just trying to get better and better every day.”